Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Victorious Once More

A year ago, I brought you this tale of my fight against the Man. Last week, I was faced with a similar battle, this time against the powers at the University of Delaware. I received a ticket dated July 21 of this year, for a car with my father's license plate, addressed to me at my former Delaware address.

A couple things.


I haven't been to UD's campus in about five years. My father's 5-digit license plate has been sitting in a drawer at my sister's since 2006 (Delawareans have a bit of an obsession with license plates. The lower the number, the better). The plate was never on a car registered in my name.

Luckily, resolving this issue was much easier than my DC experience. Instead of going to court and listening to others' tales of police ineptitude, I simply called the University and within minutes they took it off my record, no evidence needed. I really miss Delaware at times like these.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"thank you Suzie for having the plate" I knew this is what you wanted to say, so I am saying it for you!