Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Happy Veteran's Day, from Commie America

Last Saturday, I walked into the YMCA in downtown DC to see that the TV was set to Al Jazeera, as part of Obama's plan to make sure that's the only channel received by schools, churches, and community centers. I texted YOC, since she majored in terrorist studies, to learn that she had spent the morning at a Veteran's Day parade in...Florida, I think? (Can't keep up...somewhere in the South) Anyway, a parade that featured Shriners and assorted corporate mascots.

I had no idea towns still had parades for Veteran's Day, although I suppose we'll take any chance to honor our troops and McDonalds.

If that story doesn't summarize America, then I don't know what does.

2 comments:

Cat said...

I'm in Coastal North Central Florida. The parade consisted of about 15 tractors flying American flags, every fire truck in the county, at least 10 pickups- some with waving girls in the bed- the Little Caesar's mascot, Smokey the Bear, Shriners in tiny cars, and various costumed representatives of the Confederacy.

The entire town turned out. Beads and candy were thrown. Main street was shut down for two hours.

I'm surprised Toby Keith himself didn't drop by.

MK said...

...Little Caesar's is still around?

And really, beads? Shouldn't they be saving them for Mardi Gras?