Sunday, November 9, 2008

I DEMAND RESTITUTION!

Last night, I made a horrifying discovery. It came to my attention that someone to whom I am related, and whom I admired greatly, has never seen A Charlie Brown Christmas. She claimed this failure is due to her "not being much of a Peanuts person."

Now, if you know me, you know that there are few things in this world that I love more than Snoopy. I was upset this year that I couldn't watch It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown. One of my first toys was a Linus doll. I had a baby blanket with the Peanuts characters on it. My distrust of France started with the creepy chateau in Bon Voyage, Charlie Brown. Hell, when I was little, I begged my parents to buy a puny tree for Christmas, and, when they refused, I dragged it around the lot yelling, "I HAVE MY OWN MONEY! I'LL BUY IT!"

Needless to say, I am disturbed by this development. I found it apropos that, shortly after she made this statement, we watched the commercial featuring the Macy's Charlie Brown balloon beating Stewie and Underdog for the Coke balloon. Go Chuck!

No comments: