Thursday, May 21, 2009

My Brilliant Idea

Since the Nats are on track for a 40-win season, and the attendance reflects this, I have a brilliant idea to increase revenue. They should offer ticket packages for each NL team. I mean, the crowd at the Phillies game on Saturday was 2/3 Phillies, and I bet a lot of them would buy discounted tickets for all of the Phillies games in DC if sold in such a package. DC is such a transient town that I think there'd be buyers for every team.

And to those who balk at the idea of marketing to the competition, remember that the ticket revenue helps the Nats! Plus, the more people become familiar with the team, the more likely they'll cheer for them as their second favorite (OK, maybe not fans of the Phils, Mets, Braves, or Marlins). I don't see how this could fail.

No comments: