Monday, May 4, 2009

Old fogey

I partied with high schoolers this weekend! Not intentionally.
I went to a house party Friday night, and we started playing flip cup in the garage with the door open. A random guy came up and asked if he could bring some friends in (they were clearly looking for a party). Since he looked like he could be about 19-20, the hosts said yes, figuring he meant 4-5 people.

Then came the onslaught.

About 15 kids crashed the party, rolling in with cans of Schlitz and 40s of Miller High Life. They were a friendly group, one of them even offering to share his Schlitz with me when I had to refill my cup for the game (I glanced at it and said, "Ha, no. Pass me the Beast." - No one said we were classy). We knew they were younger than we first thought, but didn't know HOW young until I mentioned that I'd be turning 26 this month. One of the kids said to his friend, "Whoa, she's 10 years older than me."

Yes. I wish I had gotten a picture of the face of one of the residents after this statement. My shoulder hurt for hours after his death grip of panic. After some freaking out, we threw them out of the house, save for one poor kid left in the bathroom, for whom we made a human wall stretching from the bathroom door to the exit.

I'm so old high schoolers think I'm old! At least they know people in their mid-20s still party! Some of us, at least.

1 comment:

Cat said...

Get off my lawn you whippersnappers! But leave the 40s...