Saturday, May 16, 2009

Police Ineptitude

I was driving over to a friend's house last night, when I noticed that there was something on my windshield. I pulled over to grab it, thinking I had gotten a ticket for missing street cleaning or something. No. It was a parking ticket for not having a parking permit displayed. The brilliant officer put the ticket on my windshield RIGHT NEXT TO WHERE MY PARKING PERMIT IS PROMINENTLY DISPLAYED. Moreover, the ticket has my tag number and state, but lists the car as a 3-door Subaru, when I drive a 5-door Pontiac.

How did this happen?

Either DC has started allowing illiterates in their parking enforcement corps; this man is a complete idiot; or he saw a 3-door Subaru the first time he drove through and then thought my car was the same one.

Now I have to go fight this ticket, all because of this man's inability to notice a sticker on my windshield. No other traffic cop has had this problem.

I can't wait to tell all the lawyers at work about this.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would not put it past someone in a Subaru having "switched"this little "hello letter"...we know someone who has been known "to share" in such a fashion!!!
Good luck!

MK said...

Sadly, the ticket had the correct tag number, and was done digitally, so no switching possible.