Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Boycott!

As I've gotten older, I've started eating more oatmeal. I've also gotten grumpier and more prone to complaining. This combination has led to the following issue:

Have you ever purchased a variety box of fruit and cream oatmeal? Have you noticed the counts of each flavor? There are, invariably, 2 strawberry, 2 blueberry, 2 banana, and 4 peach. This is a problem for me, as I enjoy all the flavors BUT peach. I can buy a whole box of strawberries and cream, but they don't sell blueberry and banana in any other packaging. This is especially significant because I've found that dry blueberries and cream oatmeal mixed with yogurt tastes like Fruity Pebbles, and, as such, would prefer to eat this combination rather often. If they would change it to 4 strawberry and 2 peach, I'm sure they would not suffer from a decline in sales, as, let's face it, who the hell prefers peaches to strawberries?*

Well, I once got fed up of having packages and packages of peaches and cream oatmeal left over and sent a helpful suggestion to the people at Quaker Oats. They claim that they have no market data to support my argument. I call BS, and have staunchly refused to purchase their products since.

I also now understand why my father refused to send me to Friends.


*If you do, in fact, prefer peaches to strawberries, please stop reading this blog. You are clearly not someone with whom I wish to associate.

2 comments:

Cat said...

On a related oatmeal note, at a baby care class on Tuesday the teacher/midwife mentioned that eating oatmeal makes you produce a lot of breastmilk (assuming you're nursing- I think you're safe). She was really animated about it, at one point bragging that after eating oatmeal every day her daughter "could pump 12 ounces at a time!"

Parenthood apparently makes you brag about some weird stuff.

Mark was there. It took all the willpower he and I had to get through the unit on the soothing properties of sucking without having an embolism from holding back laughter.

M Slash said...

Egads! I should cut back on my oatmeal consumption to be safe.