Sunday, August 17, 2008

Only amateurs sit down!

We had a night on the town in Montgomery County on Saturday, and I've got to say I'm relieved to be leaving it soon after what I saw. Our first stop was the County Fair, and we spent half an hour in line for the popular exhibit "The ATM" (and not even the one by the Cheese Booth!). Jess, tired of waiting to get cash, pondered telling the police officer nearby that she was having a diabetic fit and needed funnel cake ASAP. You laugh, but the fair had prepared for such an event:


This was at the same booth where I got fried Oreos. They were delicious.

Next, we went to karaoke night at a bar in Kensington. It was horrible. No one recognized one of the best songs from the 80s, performed to perfection by Jess and me:


Instead, they seemed to prefer this crap:



WTF is that about? Poor Taylor, having to deal with psycho older women who want a fling with their local barista.

I will admit that things were better at the next bar, where the people were more enthusiastic about our encore performance:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

...HOT!!!!

The singer from Big Country is/was boyishly handsome...