Friday, January 9, 2009

Later, I had Eggs Benedict

SO! A few weeks ago, at the bar after kickball, I became BFFs with the DJ, thanks to my request of "In Your Room" by the Bangles (which, BTW, he downloaded on the spot).


Anyway, I was pleased with this turn of events, as he was always willing to play some Big Country or Kim Wilde. (After requesting Big Country from the DJ at KIT in the fall, and having him respond with, "Sure! That's rap, right?" I was a tad relieved to deal with this gentleman)

Tonight, however, we had a bit of a spat. You see, SOMEONE requested "Rockstar" by Nickelback. AND THIS WISH WAS GRANTED. All of a sudden, the pleasant music I had been enjoying turned into nails against a chalkboard. I immediately approached my buddy and we had the following exchange:

Me: "I thought we had an agreement?"
Him: "What's that?"
Me: "That you wouldn't play music that sucks."
Him: "Don't be rude."

Friends, I thought this was the end. Fortunately, we made up by the end of the evening, and all is well. I am willing to forgive this lapse in judgment, as he does aim to please his public. Fight on, DJ Rizzo!

No comments: