Wednesday, February 18, 2009

21 days!

Well, I've found one must-see place for my return to Argentina! From Frommer's:

  • Best Restaurant for Kids: Garbis, Scalabrini Ortiz, at Cervio (tel. 11/4511-6600), is an Armenian restaurant chain, with what one British expat friend of mine loves to call a "jumpee castle" where she can bring her kids. The best one is in Palermo Soho, and adults can eat in peace while the kids entertain themselves on the indoor playground.

  • Seriously, if they had this in the US, I probably would have eaten some Armenian food besides pilaf as a child.

    On an unrelated note, I've realized that Georgetown's collapse this season is not due to talent, coaching, or luck, but rather to my return to the University. You see, I was part of the lucky class of 2005, whose 4 year career at Gtown was sandwiched between two Sweet Sixteen appearances. What occurred in between? Well, my freshman year, the then-coach declined an invitation to the NIT. The next year, he accepted it, and they lost in the finals. My junior year saw the Hoyas make the impressive achievement of not making the Big East tournament. Nothing of interest happened my senior year, but there was no NCAA appearance.

    Hoya Saxa, everyone!

    No comments: