Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Fight the Cabs!

My biggest pet peeve lately has been taxi drivers who keep their doors locked and force you to tell them your destination before letting you in. Of course, if they don't feel like taking you there (even if it's within DC), they just drive off. It's particularly bad on weekend evenings, and, after four of them pulled this stunt on me on Saturday, I double checked the DC Taxicab Commission's website to see if there isn't a law about this, and, sure enough, here's what I found:



I copied down the tag number of one of the cabs, and filed a complaint. I don't expect them to actually do anything about it, but at least I feel better. The next time some driver gets offended that I want a ride from downtown to Van Ness, I'll be sure to do the same.

1 comment:

winkingannie said...

Aww.. I'm so proud of you for fighting the power/being a grumpy old man. :)