Thursday, March 12, 2009

Ahhhh

I arrived safe and sound this morning, and, after a nap, went out to enjoy the city. I'd forgotten that I ate more salad when living here than I have at any other point. My study abroad semester was when I learned to love beets and hearts of palm, and both are more often included in salads here than at home. I also had an empanada, which, I must say, puts Julia´s to shame (and I like Julia's). I don't pretend to be able to only eat from local restaurants, as the Starbucks has already gotten my attention (five years ago, the only way to get a coffee to go was from one of those machines like they have in offices) and McDonald's is advertising what appears to be a McFlurry with Cadbury. I'll be trying that.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have fun! And also have one of those McFlurry's for me :)

Anonymous said...

Have a great time. My big question, however, is how it came to pass that you did not have a lifetime worth of beets given your father's passion for them?