Friday, March 13, 2009

Sabor clasico!

I was a typical American today. Faced with a need for coffee and lunch, I happened upon a Starbucks and went in. I wanted something fast and cheap, and this had the additional benefit of providing strong coffee to go. I bought a sandwich of chicken salad made with hearts of palm and salsa golf.

Later, I was in the mood for ice cream, since it was about 88 degrees and humid out. I went into Galerias Pacifico to see if my favorite heladeria was still there. It was not. In its place, horrifyingly, was a Freddo, the Ben and Jerry's of Argentina. Figuring I may as well go to McDonalds, I walked down Florida and bought a dulce de leche McFlurry with Cadbury milk chocolate pieces. Amazing. I chatted with an older gentleman who appeared to have come to the McDonalds to watch the news, and listened as he ranted against the president and her husband. I am not a fan of either, so that was cool.

We just had a BBQ on the upstairs patio, so I had lots of meat :) AMAZING!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

it is cloudy and rainy here, so feel free to bring the weather back with you!!! have fun :)
The salsa golf sounds delicious!