Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Yawwwn

I got home at 1 this afternoon, after leaving the hostel at 5 PM EDT yesterday. I took the subte to the shuttle office, took their bus to the airport, stood in line after line at Ezeiza, got into Atlanta at 6:30, went through customs, landed at BWI at 11, took the shuttle to the train station, got on the MARC at 12, switched to the metro at Union Station, and then walked to my apartment. Then I slept.

I forgot how much Ezeiza sucks. I stood in line to check in, then moved to another line to pay the departure tax, then went on to passport control, then through security, then lined up to go through a more invasive security to enter the gate, and then finally lined up to board.

Luckily, I had an entire middle aisle to myself to stretch out. I managed a couple of hours of sleep, which is amazing for me on a plane. I had enough energy to go through the customs process, which: what is the point of being a US citizen if I can't breeze through passport control? That line was ridiculous.

No comments: