Tuesday, March 10, 2009

SDST?

As I'm heading off to the Southern Hemisphere, I'm going to have the opportunity to go through four time changes in two weeks, while only being in two time zones! Of course, we switched to DST on Sunday, and then I switch to Argentine time (currently 2 hours ahead of EDT), THEN, I go BACK to standard time in Buenos Aires THIS Sunday, and, finally, back to EDT when I return to DC.

Daylight Saving Time has a spotty history in Argentina. The country didn't observe it the last time I was there, and, in fact, hasn't on a regular basis since 1972. The last time the clocks were turned forward in that era, they were never turned back, so the nation was on DST from then on, with occasional periods observing Super DST (+2 hours ahead of standard time). On Sunday, they'll be moving from SDST back to DST.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

good luck figuring that one out!!!
Have fun!!