Friday, July 18, 2008

¿Dónde Están?

Each of the past three mornings, I've walked by a small group of men sitting outside drinking mate. Now, I loves me some mate, but sipping a hot drink through a metal straw on a 90 degree day oddly doesn't sound appealing. I was curious as to where these gentlemen were from, since this is the first time I've seen outdoor mate drinking outside of South America.
Well.
On the way home tonight, while walking a scant few hundred feet from where these men had been sitting this morning, I noticed that someone had carved BOCA into the sidewalk. Clearly, our neighborhood has been infiltrated by the Argentines. I have but one complaint:
WHY HAVEN'T I BEEN INVITED TO ANY ASADOS?
Must I parade around with my Argentine flag? My soccer scarf? My Quilmes shirt? My camiseta de la selección? Should I drive around, blasting Los Fabulosos Cadillacs? Should I take my own mate and thermos to the streets? What does it take?

No comments: