Tuesday, July 22, 2008

I cannot get past this

Perhaps you've seen this AT&T ad with the cute kid sending her dad off with her stuffed monkey. Pretty sweet, right? That's what I thought for the first 11 seconds of the commercial, when I noticed something strange in the mother's grocery bag. Do you see what it is, Encyclopedia Brown?
That's right.
She's bought five baguettes. FIVE. Who buys five loaves of French bread? It's not something you stock up on! If you need one, you go to the store at 4:00 when the bakery puts out the fresh loaves. She doesn't appear to have purchased a lot of groceries this trip, so I'm assuming she's not hosting a girls' night. That leaves two possibilities: she's cheating on her husband, or she's an idiot. Wait, three: she dropped them all on the floor and was forced to purchase them.
Not that I know anyone who's ever been in that situation.

No comments: