Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Anyone want it?

Regarding my sister's comment to my post about the weird dreams I've been having lately, I think she's onto something there. I've never been one to believe in ghosts or the like, but it would explain the mystery of the turkey from last Thanksgiving.

See, no one in the family offered to host the holiday, and since I suddenly had a house with no one living in it, I decided to have the celebration there. My aunt arranged to arrive early with the turkey so I wouldn't have to worry about buying or roasting one.

I had spent quite a few weekends previous to the holiday at the house, and one of the first things I did was to clean out the fridge and freezer. I left butter and bread in there, and perhaps a popsicle or two. That was it. When I woke up Thanksgiving morning, however, there was a turkey sitting on the top shelf of the freezer. I swear to God that had not been there the night before, and everyone I asked promised they didn't drop one off overnight.

I still have no explanations for that turkey, but maybe someone couldn't stop himself from making one last trip to the Acme. If I come home one day to find iced tea, pretzels, and peach ice cream, I'll know for sure.

No comments: