Monday, September 22, 2008

I'm literal, people

I don't know if it's all the drugs in the DC water supply, but I've been having some strange dreams lately. I'm not the best at interpreting them, so I usually wake up confused as all hell. There've been a few featuring my parents, but I don't think it's their way of communicating with me beyond the grave, since in none of them has my father yelled at me for having both the heat and the fan on at the same time. And believe me, that would be the first thing he'd bring up. Well, that and asking if I was planning on keeping that paper from two days ago for posterity or did I not have the time to throw it out?

I think my subconscious has deduced that I'm not capable of comprehending its mysterious ways, because why am I dreaming that someone's kids are being yelled at for singing in music class? Especially when I don't even like this particular person?

Anyway, last night I was in a half-asleep stage in which I recognized that I had a headache, but was still dreaming. In one dream, I said, "I have a headache. I'm going to take some Excedrin." That apparently wasn't enough, because I then had another dream that featured the same line, repeated a couple of times. Eventually, I woke up fully and thought, "You know? Maybe I should get some Excedrin."

Of course, this was at 3:30, and I couldn't go back to sleep. Damn dreams.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oh no, he wouldn't communicate from the beyond....he would appear and turn one of the machines off (probably the heater) and would have thrown the paper out before you realized it was no longer there....and oh yes, if you have any glasses or dishes that are not in the dishwasher already...check the dishwasher next time, they may just be there!!!!!