Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Are you near Dutch Wonderland?!?

One of my trivia opponents informed me, rather adamantly, that "Solutions Architect" is a valid job title. I would like to explain that, while I don't doubt the importance of such a position, I find the name of it ridiculous. He also had some strong feelings about blogs, not so much about the people who right about the little things in life, but about those who read and comment about them. He thinks they have too much time on their hands. Never fear, faithful readers, I stuck up for you!

Moving on.

Trivia night was a good time, as we had a nice showing for there only being three of us. I made friends with a very nice team called the Phillies, who were unfortunately playing like the Phillies circa 1997. There was actually a good-sized contingent of people from the Philadelphia area, and I realized how nice it is to be around others who know how to pronounce "Lancaster."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I’m happy that the trivia opponent in question, that would be me, helped explain why Solutions Architect was a valid title in the IT world (if a little funny when taken out of context). I mainly had a problem with super-fans trolling on blogs making useless comments which is a point on which I think we can agree.

Glad you could make it out after trivia to the Chop House. Hope to see you in two weeks.