Sunday, September 7, 2008

An endearing moment

There was a delay on the red line Friday evening (shocking!) and the platform at Metro Center was a tad crowded by the time I got there. The conductor of the first train pulled the old "Please don't crowd the train, there's another one right behind this one." When, of course, no train arrived in the next five minutes, the gentleman next to me exclaimed, "That guy said there was another train right behind it!" and looked at me in disbelief. I gently informed him that this is fairly typical for DC, and, distraught, he looked at the empty tracks and said, "He lied to me!"

It took all of my self-control not to say, "You're new to the area, aren't you, sir?"

3 comments:

Metro Man said...

Classic!

Brandon said...

Bus drivers do this all the time.

Anonymous said...

Yep, he was new