Thursday, September 11, 2008

New goal

The past two weeks, I've tried to request songs at the bar after kickball. I have yet to be successful. I think I may have gotten an "in" yesterday, though, because I supported the DJ in his refusal to play John Denver*. He told me to bring him a list of songs and he'd burn them. If we aren't dancing to Big Country by the end of the season, I will have to label it a failure.

*Yes, John Denver. He asked for "Take Me Home, Country Roads" and you should have seen the look on the DJ's face. He then tried to guilt-trip him into playing it by saying that there were a lot of people there from Iowa and Nebraska. It was at this point that I piped up with, "But 'Country Roads' is about West Virginia." The DJ folded his arms, shook his head, and said, "She does have a point."

No comments: