Sunday, September 7, 2008

I LOVE BROADWAY!

Kate and I spent Saturday evening doing karaoke at Savannah's in Kensington while Jess had to work. Now, Savannah's is not the classiest of bars, although it is hardly a dive. But based on the suburban area on Connecticut Ave that surrounds it, and the muliple Budweiser signs in the windows, you'd know right away that the selection isn't going to be extensive. At least, I would hope you would.

Halfway through the night, a young man came in with two women. The girls sat down, and he told them that he was going to the bar "for a pitcher of Stella" (he did have to explain to one of them what "Stella" was short for). Thirty seconds later, he was back at the table: "OK, they only have Budweiser, Miller Lite, and Sierra Nevada."

He was probably disappointed. I, however, was impressed that they have Sierra Nevada on tap. Keep your expectations low, people!

Anyway, I sang four songs last night. In order, they were:

"Kids in America"


"Gimme! Gimme! Gimme! (A Man After Midnight)"


"You Keep Me Hanging On" (I'm on a Kim Wilde kick, apparently)


And finally, a duet with Kate: "Opposites Attract"

No comments: